GGUK, leading private investigator and intelligence-gathering company in Scotland who provide covert surveillance and investigation services for private, commercial and corporate clients. We offer a bespoke service to each new and existing client throughout the kingdom of Scotland, Scotland the UK and abroad. Our 5 star-service has allowed us to work with some of the most reputable clients from around the world.
Our professional and highly experienced surveillance operatives in Scotland are specially selected from a rigorous selection process, we have a high number of ex British military and government agency personnel within the company who bring their own individual experiences from decades of working in some of the most challenging environments around the globe, which enables us to handpick the correct skillset of expert investigators to competently conduct your investigation.
Why choose GGUK Scotland?
When you’re faced with a personal dilemma of any kind, the best decisions are based on facts. Highly experienced in using a variety of skills and up to date technology on the market to gain solid evidence, we can provide you with clear, undeniable evidence. GGUK has been providing private, commercial and corporate clients from around the globe with professional investigation services in Scotland and the surrounding areas for many years. Our operatives are trained to the highest standard coming from military and police backgrounds with decades of experience conducting sensitive private investigations and stressful business-related matters in Scotland. GGUK Scotland has local knowledge which is a must for any successful investigation. All investigations in Scotland are executed by our specially selected time served operatives meaning you can be rest assured when instructing GGUK in Scotland your investigation is handled in the most professional, discreet and cost-effective way possible.
WHAT CAN A PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR LEGALLY DO IN Scotland?
Whether a loved one has gone missing or you suspect an employee of faking sickness, there’s an abundance of reasons why a person would want to hire a private investigator in Scotland, but with privacy laws and a strict legal system, how can you be sure everything your private investigator in Scotland does is above board and could hold up in a court of law?
These laws protect your safety and prevent people from infringing on human rights. With plenty of speculation surrounding the industry, however, it’s key that when choosing a private investigations company in Scotland, you opt for a company that places the law above all else.
So how you can ensure that you’re getting the best private investigator in Scotland?
Being a member of professional bodies like the ICO the UK’s independent authority – means private investigators operate discreetly, with your strictest confidentially. This body is set up to uphold information rights and data privacy for individuals.
Although private investigators don’t require experience in the military or police, it does offer more peace of mind for clients they have this background. You can be rest assured that investigators with a background in law enforcement will work hard to deliver expert results that are above board when conducting investigations throughout Scotland.
Unlike the police, private investigators don’t hold the same legal rights over members of the public. It is also illegal for anyone to impersonate a member of the police force to obtain any information for the investigation.
By following this strict set of regulations and procedures alongside personal discretion, private investigators in Scotland can ensure all investigative work is completed to the highest standard and is admissible in a court of law.
Investigative methods vary from company to company in Scotland. But most organisations will use a range of techniques to obtain certain information, whether it’s for an individual or corporate purposes.
So, exactly what investigative methods can a private investigator in Scotland utilise? The first rule of any investigation is that everyone involved remains safe and that they do not intentionally cause any damage or injury. Investigators will then use whatever legal means necessary to acquire the relevant information.
Here’s a rundown of what a private investigator at GGUK in Scotland can legally use in their investigations, but to keep this simple we will focus on the services we conduct for our clients throughout Scotland on a daily basis:
When it comes to what exactly a private investigator can legally do in Scotland, the law is pretty clear.
Which is why here at GGUK, we pride ourselves in being a very honest and reputable Scotland based detective agency that ensures only legal methods are carried out on all investigations. Private investigators are not only required for clients with sensitive personal disputes but also for stressful business matters, large or small.
Our private investigators can gain valuable information in the way they evaluate intelligence gleaned legally, which can only be beneficial to our instructing clients throughout Scotland.
Private investigators are allowed to follow people. Our covert surveillance teams in Scotland are trained and disciplined to know the professionalism that is required for all set objectives.
Surveillance is a valuable investigative tool when requiring insight into an individuals’ day-to-day activities, movements and general lifestyle.
One of the most frequently asked questions is, will the subject know they are under surveillance?
We will recommend resources required to minimise the possibility of compromise by the subject or third parties in Scotland and having considered the circumstances we may impose a minimum required deployment.
Our covert Surveillance operatives are diverse and have a wealth of experience in investigative backgrounds. They have perfected the art of blending into whatever community or surrounding area that is required.
Their ultimate objectives are obtaining crucial information and doing so in an incredibly covert but legal way. We have male and female operatives available to work both within rural and urban environments.
Types of Legal Surveillance Operations:
- Static Surveillance – Normally undertaken by one operative. They can be carefully positioned outside a property and will be employed to film and record the movements of a person, or persons at an address or location in Scotland.
- Mobile Surveillance – This is when we are asked to follow a person/persons. It is normally undertaken by a team, whether that be two, three, four or more operatives. We have the capabilities of using a variety of vehicles applicable to the job as well as all the latest technology and equipment to capture the required evidence for our client throughout Scotland.
- RuralSurveillance – Required when our operatives are asked to monitor a scenario whilst in a rural area.
VEHICLE TRACKING Scotland
We undertake vehicle tracking for our clients throughout Scotland. We use state of the art equipment that can be covertly hidden and accessed by our operatives assigned to the investigation for the duration of the agreed period. We will not provide login details for any client to access the system.
It should be noted that the obtained information is to be used purely to assist with surveillance and gather intelligence. The information should not be put before a court. We can never offer guarantees of obtaining the desired information when using a GPS tracker as it is dependent on who is driving the vehicle – unless the driver is under surveillance at the time.
MISSING PERSONS Scotland
Our trace department in Scotland is permitted to search for people that have intentionally or unintentionally gone missing. It can be that the missing person has relocated, changed their name or residential address to avoid debt-related matters.
We have the capabilities of using databases not available to the general public and open-source intelligence, these investigations are known as OSINT to look for missing persons who were once residing in Scotland.
CORPORATE INVESTIGATIONS Scotland
Do you have an employee who is constantly on sick leave? Are you worried about workplace theft? Or that the business premises may be bugged? Our private investigators in Scotland can utilise a range of corporate investigation services. They can use appropriate legal methods to provide valid evidence to you the business owner.
WHAT A PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR IN Scotland CANNOT DO.
If you’ve ever read a thriller with a private investigator in the lead role then you’re probably used to them being a bit of a maverick. They will, if the situation requires it, refrain from playing by the rules. However, in reality, this is not what investigators do.
Investigators in Scotland cannot hack into someone’s computer or mobile phone. They can access these devices, sure, but only with the express permission of the owner. Similarly, they are not allowed to obtain bank records in any illicit way, though they will often be able to view them if they are working directly with a lawyer who has obtained adequate permissions.
Also, private investigators in Scotland are not allowed to obtain criminal records, unless, these are available in the public domain. Private investigators also have no remote access to city centre CCTV systems and we can’t phone anyone at MI5 to obtain this information. People have embraced the role played by a private investigator, but there are limits that private investigators cannot surpass. Operations conducted throughout Scotland are governed by the law.
Keep this in mind when hiring a private investigator in Scotland.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO HIRE A PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR IN Scotland?
How much will it cost me? Is a common question when initial contact is made with clients throughout Scotland. Although a number of services are charged at a fixed fee, some are not. No two cases are the same, and prices are influenced by several factors, these include, number of hours, number of operatives, mileage and other resources if required. During a free no-obligation consultation with one of our case managers, we will point you in the right direction to tailor the service around your needs and wishes that will make your investigation cost-effective.
An hourly rate may seem high when you have no certainty of the desired outcome and how long this may take. As a result of this you may feel tempted to hire a less experienced, cheaper investigator, but please be advised it is worth considering that they make take longer in the long run than an experienced investigator, this costing you a considerable amount more at the end and that’s if they even obtain the required evidence you were hoping for, not to mention that it could also lead to unethical practices that don’t meet the standard of proof required if a case goes to court or tribunal.
In addition to the cost for the service you require you may be charged for costs incurred during your investigation, these include travel time, mileage, report writing, food and drink, entry fees and parking fees.
General Enquires – £40.00 per hour.
Surveillance – £50.00 per hour. ( Minimum 4 hours )
Travel Time – Hourly rate of service.
Mileage – 0.60p per mile.
Report – From £150.00
People Search – From £205.00
Vehicle Tracker – From 1 day £160.00 – 2 weeks £600.00
Visual Surveillance – From 1 day £360.00 – 2 weeks £1,000.00
Surveillance Daily Rates:
GGUK in Scotland offers surveillance daily rates to our clients around the globe. These are usually broken down to investigations that are one, or over three and five days. Fixed rates are a total of the hourly rate, travel time, mileage and report. Thus providing you with peace of mind of what it is you will be charged from the start.
Contact one of our case managers now to discuss if this option would benefit you.
Costs are important when considering what investigations company to choose in Scotland, but getting it wrong can have dire consequences.
A private investigations company in Scotland that is more results-focused than money-focused, and will do its best to obtain the required evidence you need as quickly as possible is certainly one to consider.
Private investigator and detective services in Scotland.
GGUK provide professional surveillance and trace investigation services in Scotland for private, commercial and corporate clients.
How to Hire a Private Investigator at GGUK in Scotland.
All enquiries are strictly private and confidential.
To contact GGUK for an investigation in Scotland please call, email, live chat via WhatsApp or complete and submit the enquiry form provided for a free no-obligation consultation. Please provide a full background in relation to your case as this will allow us to provide you with the best course of action to conduct your investigation throughout Scotland. Thus also potentially resulting in reducing the overall costs if we have a better understanding of the subject of enquiry and objectives.
Once we receive your correspondence we will let you know if we believe it would benefit you utilising our services in Scotland. If we are confident our services would be of use to you, we will then send you a quotation for our services. If you’re happy with our quote, we’re ready to commence your investigation in Scotland for you.
On receiving our quote you will find “Accept Quote” at the bottom of the page, please click this button and you will be directed to the form page of your required service. At this time we ask you to complete the required form and send it back to us on completion.
All clients will be asked to clear agreed payment before any investigation commences in Scotland. We have various payment methods available via Paypal, debit card, credit card and bank transfer. Please note you will be in total control at all times of costs, we can advise the best course of action before and during the investigation but ultimately the final decision is yours, meaning at no point will you receive unexpected charges from GGUK in Scotland.
On conclusion of your investigation in Scotland, all reports will be processed with any documented evidence and photographic stills, video evidence on request. Other methods are available at our disposal and can be discussed with clients before deployment. A final invoice of any mileage and expenses incurred during the investigation in Scotland will be cleared before we can release the report unless otherwise stated in the quote.
All cases in Scotland are conducted in house, we will not sub-contract your case.
Private investigator and detective areas of operations Scotland
We understand the sensitivities involved when contacting a company in Scotland for the first time and for some people this can be daunting but please be assured our experienced team will guide you through the process and options relating to your case, having dealt with all types of cases over the years from sensitive private investigations to stressful business-related investigations we will make this as painless as possible.
Enquiries are treated strictly private and confidential and all operations in Scotland will be conducted within the law. Our private investigators are qualified to the national standard level 3 for professional investigators. GGUK hold all essential insurances and are registered with the information commissioners office and as such conform with the data protection act.
🗸 Experienced and professional surveillance operatives.
🗸 Protecting our clients' people, assets and reputation worldwide is at the forefront of what we do.
🗸 Dedicated task manager.
🗸 Ethical approach.
🗸 Fixed fee offering.
Surveillance – Private Investigator Scotland
- Assignment – Client contacted us to conduct surveillance on the previous owner of the company as he noticed a high number of clients had not been in contact since the company takeover.
- Deployment – A three-man surveillance team was deployed over a three day period along with technical surveillance devices.
- Result – Evidence was obtained of the previous owner in meetings with suppliers of the company, he also attended business and home addresses of company clients. Discreet enquiries were conducted where we obtained information that the previous owner was still trading as he did when he owned the company. He would attend the premises to conduct assessments and then send in his employees to conduct the work required.
- Costs – £3,960.00
If you require a local surveillance team in Scotland or if you would like to discuss what options are available, contact us today via the enquiry form provided.
Matrimonial Investigations Scotland
- Assignment –Subject of enquiry flying into Edinburgh airport for the weekend on business and would be residing at a hotel in the city centre which was booked under the family-run business name.
- Deployment – A three-man team was deployed to the airport an hour before arrival.
- Result – Evidence obtained of the subject in compromising positions throughout the investigation with a female who was previously paid by the client a year earlier to stop having an affair with her husband.
- Costs – £1,080.00
If you require a local matrimonial investigator in Scotland or if you would like to discuss what options are available, contact us today via the enquiry form provided.
Cheating Partner Investigations Scotland
- Assignment –Subject of enquiry would be travelling to London for the week on business from Edinburgh train station after work.
- Deployment – A two man team was deployed to works address an hour before finishing time.
- Result – Evidence obtained of the subject of enquiry exiting the works address that evening. Met with her boss for drinks at a local pub before checking into a hotel in the city centre, where they both retired to the same room for the evening.
- Costs – £720.00
If you require a local cheating partner investigator in Scotland or if you would like to discuss what options are available, contact us today via the enquiry form provided.
Child Custody Investigations Scotland
- Assignment –Client was concerned that the mother of his child was making false claims about events during his contact.
- Deployment – One operative was deployed to the pick up point where the child would be dropped off by the grandparents for contact.
- Result – Video footage obtained of the full contact which showed the child was happy and content when in the company of the father. This also showed a different side of the story when false claims were made by the mother of the child about what transpired that day during contact.
- Costs – £280.00
If you require a local child-custody investigator in Scotland or if you would like to discuss what options are available, contact us today via the enquiry form provided.
Cohabitation Investigations Scotland
- Assignment – The subject of enquiry was suspected of residing with another in the home address, he had claimed that he lived alone.
- Deployment – One operative was deployed to the home address over a period of a few days.
- Result – Evidence was obtained of the subject and a female exiting the home address each morning and returning later that evening. On one of the days, the female exited the address to hand the subject of enquiry something through the driver side window where they kissed before departing.
- Costs – £960.00
If you require a local co-habitation investigator in Scotland or if you would like to discuss what options are available, contact us today via the enquiry form provided.
Workplace Fraud Investigations Scotland
- Assignment –The client advised that an employee had been off work on sick leave with a bad back for some time.
- Deployment – A two-man surveillance team was deployed each day for a week along with technical surveillance devices.
- Result – Evidence obtained of the employee in gainful employment working at various locations around Scotland. Thus disputing his false claims of a bad back.
- Costs – £5,420.00
If you require a local fraud investigator in Scotland or if you would like to discuss what options are available, contact us today via the enquiry form provided.
Vehicle & Asset Tracking Scotland
- Assignment – Gain intelligence for a future operation to reduce the time spent on the ground.
- Deployment – Two operative deployment
- Result – Intelligence gathered over two weeks allowed us to identify the day of the week that would have been of use to the investigation.
- Costs – £448.40
If you require a local technical surveillance team in Scotland or if you would like to discuss what options are available, contact us today via the enquiry form provided.
Rural Surveillance Investigations Scotland
- Assignment – Client advised that product was going missing or being sold but no money was accounted for that would amount to the total product costs.
- Deployment – A two-man surveillance team was deployed over two weeks to cover the vast waste ground and obtain the required evidence.
- Result –Evidence obtained of fraudulent activity between staff at the site. Trucks would arrive on-site, the employee would take money from a truck driver, the digger would load the truck with the product and the money was pocketed by the employee on the ground and the digger driver.
- Costs – £7,200.00
If you require a local rural surveillance investigator in Scotland or if you would like to discuss what options are available, contact us today via the enquiry form provided.
Personal Injury Investigations Scotland
- Assignment –Subject of enquiry would be attending an appointment in the northeast of England to see a specialist in relation to his claim.
- Deployment – A two-man team was deployed to the home address of the subject of enquiry.
- Result – The subject arrived at a hotel where he and his wife checked in. Both were observed throughout the evening at a restaurant and a number of local pubs. The morning of the appointment the subject was observed as he exited the hotel along with his wife who was now driving in the general direction of the specialists. On arrival, the wife parked outside the front door of the medical centre and the subject of enquiry exited the vehicle where he proceeded to hop on one foot to the back passenger door where he collected crutches. A couple of hours later the subject then exited the centre as he made his way back into the passenger side door. The wife set off driving in the general direction of the hotel for a few minutes, then stopped, where the subject of enquiry exited the vehicle along with the wife and swapped seats.
- Costs – £2,150.00
If you require a local personal injury investigator in Scotland or if you would like to discuss what options are available, contact us today via the enquiry form provided.